03 January 2016

2015 Reflections/ 2016 Hopefuls

We are in our third day of the New Year! 2015 was such a crazy year for me. There were so many tears shed and times I gave up, but there were also some very happy moments in the midst of it all. I'm thankful for 2015 and everything that I went through because I can honestly say that I've learned so much.

I had no New Years resolutions or goals for 2016 until now because I really want to skip over to 2017 (don't ask me why). I won't share them because.. I easily forget them, but this year my motto that I will try my hardest to stick to is to Never Settle.

2015, I settled in areas where I didn't even need to be mediocre and fell into things that could've been avoided. My mind was all over the place last year and I was just going with the flow of everything. I was supposed to be "minding my business 2k15" but instead I was all up in everyone else business, thinking I can help everyone who crossed my path. It didn't really work out for me because some of the people I cared about the most took me for granted. But whatevs!

This year there is no need to settle. I would literally tell my friends that I did not mind settling and just getting by in life if God could still bless me. Now I know that God has some great plans for me (for you) and I'm finally starting to believe that.

Settling sucks. You start complaining all the time, you get stressed out too often, you stop believing in yourself and anticipate failures and it's just not fun. You get this false feeling that you're working extremely hard and getting nowhere when that is not the case at all. So why settle when there is more and better just a few steps ahead? The rewards are so much greater when you drop mediocracy and chase after God and He will give you what He has for you. Once you identify yourself with the potential you have to be great, you don't have to settle in relationships, school, work, nothing at all. Not settling doesn't guarantee immediate success, but you're not any well off when you do settle.

Life has potential to be amazing, when you have the ultimate key (God) and choose to really make the best of life, along with other important things.

Ride with me through the journey of more success in 2k16.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig