01 February 2017

We Back, to School

This winter break has hands-down been the most relaxing break I've ever had while in college and I am sad to say the least that it is over. I've been in such a peaceful and relaxing space without the cloud of school responsibilities hovering over my head. It's only been one week since school started and I already feel like I am trying to catch up while still transitioning back into grind mode.

But seasons change and you have to make way for new beginnings, so I am choosing to embrace it all this year. I do not have to give up my rest and happiness when I enter into a challenging season like school. School challenges me in all aspects of my life and for the past five semesters I've willingly allowed these challenges to swallow me up. This semester I shall aim for a changed mindset about school. The bible encourages us to do ALL things in excellence, because it will not go unnoticed (1 Cor. 15:58).

I love goal-setting. This year I started making monthly goals and at the end of the month I reflect on what I've accomplished and what I didn't complete in order to carry it on to the next month. That way, I am able to see any growth or setbacks in my personal life.

One thing I am learning so far this year is how to be present. Take deep breaths, be in the moment and stop thinking about the next thing that needs to get done or what the next person is doing. I want to be able to enjoy my life as it is now instead what I strive for it to be. Not losing focus of my ultimate goal because my ultimate goal in Him requires me to take in every moment of my life now and be at rest, which I am grateful for. Life is less stressful this way.

I give credit to this book I am currently reading by Joyce Meyer called "Battlefield of the Mind" for helping get to this place and I will write a piece on it once I finish the book, but it has been a "mind-changing" book.

The excitement of the new year has not worn off of me yet. I know that God has amazing things in store for 2017, and whatever it may look like, I want to be ready for it.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig