19 July 2016

Positive Progress

So much has occurred since I've last written. Summer has been quite an experience. I've literally watched my prayers from over a year ago get answered these past two months. I recently went back to read my goals that I wrote down for 2016, and was genuinely shocked and proud of myself for completing more than half of them already! I am actually overjoyed that I did what I said I will do.


The two main things that I wanted to accomplish this year alone was to 1) land some sort of magazine internship for the summer and 2) buy my first car. After one year of saving, reaching half of my financial goal (because saving up while making minimum wage was easy), and with the help of my parents I bought my baby car. I am also interning at a luxury home magazine (Home & Design magazine. Go check it out my name is on the upcoming masthead for the Aug/Sep issue)!

I did fail at one thing: my grades for the Spring semester. That's probably why I was glued to my bed. I didn't want to do anything that required me to exercise my brain after being fried out from a treacherous finals week. It was bad enough for me to take off two weeks from life to recuperate.

The beginning of the summer consisted of late mornings and late nights, sleeping or just never getting out of bed, skipping meals to watch minisodes on Youtube, and not blogging. I was feeling weary about my progress in life (lol) and felt like I was not getting anything done (because I clearly wasn't). I felt lazy and unaccomplished. I felt like I was just stuck. I felt so blah (I blame last semester). I was looking at other individual's lives, wishing I had the happiness they had, and thought that the things they had that I did not have was what made them happier than me.  But then I realized, all these things I was asking for was only bringing me temporary satisfaction. I would just idolize everything. Even after I started my internship, I desired to move on to the next thing, instead of focusing gaining experience and getting my tasks done there before they fire me. There is always something else that catches your eye later, and you start to yearn for that thing and feel incomplete without it.

It took me around my birthday season to see how far God has brought me. Looking back at my old journal entries, I am definitely not the same shawty I was a year ago. Circumstances have changed and I have overcame and grown, and continue to overcome and grow. I am content, but not complacent. Whenever a new situation comes my way, the same weary feelings try to come back and I completely forget how God guided me in the past. This 20th year, I'm learning to look into the eyes of my One and Only for guidance. To stay consistent with what is true and to declare a positive reality over myself. To enjoy my accomplishments, failures and attempts.

Cheers to be being 20. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig