01 October 2015

Day Three: Desires


The desires of our heart can either be birth from God, or from our life experiences and what we choose to allow in our hearts. I guess today I decided to pray about desires because sometimes I know I have godly desires, but my experiences and what I allow myself to see pollute those desires.

Desires can really get your in trouble sometimes. Let us say you're a female, and you really want to get married (its the easiest example, bear with me), but you aren't even seeing anyone right now and no one is looking at you. The desire to get married is godly (and so is sex), but the timing may just not be right now. So instead of patiently waiting for whoever God has for you, you probably start comparing your love life to your friends, who got boys hitting them up every other day, or who you feel as though when their time comes, they will never have to worry about whether or not they'll ever find the one. You, on the other hand, may start feeling self-conscious and ugly and undesirable and all that, OR you decide to fill your mind with impure thoughts about marriage and stuff like that OR you even try to jump on to the first male who shows you the slightest bit of attention.

I don't know, I have desires and I have constantly been talking to God about them, but because they are new desires that I've never experienced before, I pray for them to go away lol. But when they don't, how do I make sure that I keep them godly? How do I make sure I stay on God's side?

Psalms 37:5 says "Commit your way to the Lord; trust Him and He will act"
Proverbs 16: 1-3 says "The preparations of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in His own eyes, But the Lord weighs the spirits. Commit your works to the Lord, And your thoughts will be established."
and lastly Proverbs 19:9 says "A mans hearts plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps"

If my desires are not from God, I trust that He will remove them from my heart if I ask Him to. Everyday is a daily rededication of my life to the Father. I have to submit my thoughts, my will, my emotions, and my desires to Him every single day so that those scriptures stated above can be established in my life.

Theres also the desire to just want to know God. Sometimes we don't know how to go deeper with God. But it's really simple and crazy; ask God to give you a desire to know Him. Can you imagine asking someone to give you a desire to know them? They'll probably think..some crazy thoughts. But God already knows that our beings crave Him, whether we are saved or not, which explains Psalms 119:81. If our spirit soul and body crave the Lord, then all we need to do is align ourselves to put our spirit's desires in front of everything that makes up who we are. That is where we ask God to help us.

So yeah. Desires, not all are bad, but not all are from God. And not all that are from God come from a godly place. So pray, and seek God's wisdom concerning your desires, and let God be the director.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig