22 January 2015

To The One Who Provides

As I sit here idly in pain because I have a serious case of eczema caused by an unknown allergic reaction and stress on the palms of my hands, I remember that I have a blog to write. I've been so busy literally doing nothing but enjoying not being in school. My hands hurt so bad, but I really wanted to update you guys on my life.

So earlier this break I read Redeeming Love by Francis Chan (UPDATE: Shout Out to cool kid LU for recommending me this book, you thee bomb). It's a beautiful book that I recommend everyone to read. It is based on the story of Hosea in the bible, but let me tell you guys now, that man was secretly God, because there is no way a man could be as loving as that character was. But thats not the point. I got the idea to make a prayer box after reading this book because one of the character's had it. One of my goals for the new year is to go deeper in discipline and in my prayer life, and this box has definitely helped me do just that.
Made out of a Zara box, I put my time into making it!

I've been having a hard time understanding that God is Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides. I may or may not have been stressing out about how I was going to pay for school and make money this semester. I've also been stressing about other petty things, but thats honestly just my nature to stress. Stress has definitely taken a toll on my body, as I continue to stress about my skin not being flawless because of stress (how backwards) and my allergic reaction to literally nothing has left my hands looking like frog skin. But this box has made my life so much easier. Once I put my prayer request into the box, I am no longer allowed to stress nor worry about that issue because I have given it up to God to take care of it. And it has been working! Creating this box has increased my desire to spend time with God in prayer and worship AND reading my word.

All you need is a:

  • Box
  • Notecards/pieces of paper/post it notes
  • Pen/pencil/marker/ink/lead
Then write your prayer request as detailed as you possibly can, put it in the box, and stop worrying!

A major request I've been asking for was to have money given to me to pay off the rest of my tuition, and that request was answered! I couldn't even believe how easy it was to just ask God to provide and for Him to say yes. 

I encourage everyone to get you one of these. Or not, just find creative ways to spend time with God if you're a lazy worm like me. You can also send your prayer requests to me :)

Other than that, I believe I'm ready to go back to school. 3.5 and above shawdy I promise.


SIDETONE: this year is NOT a leap year. I know, I know. You guys need to get your own calendars and stop depending on me for everything.


SHARE:

1 comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig