04 October 2015

Day Four, Five, and Six: Patience


Haven't missed any days, just been praying about the same things.

Patience is a trait that I really desire to have. Patience is a fruit of the spirit (long suffering, Galatians 5:22) and makes up part of the definition of what love (Jesus) is ( 1 Corinthians 13:4). I have a decent amount of patience in certain aspects of my life, but not in all, like waiting for people to respond or for my food to be ready (and deeper stuff of course).

Patience is just a beautiful thing to have. Patience means slow to anger, gentleness, having faith/ trusting in God, and stuff like that.

Rushing does nothing to benefit or advance us in life. In some cases, eventually we'll have to either slow down or turn back and fix our mistakes in the places that we rushed in. Imagine if God would have rushed creating this world, us, and everything else. There's really no imagining, we'll probably all be in chaos. Do we even know how long a day was before time was created? Just know, God took His time, as intelligent, as wise, as powerful as He is. And with patience comes excellence.

He's even patient with us. I can be stubborn with God and annoying with my prayer requests (even after I've gotten an answer, just wanna be sure), but He just tells me the same thing, in the same tone, with the same calm attitude.

Patience isn't easy I assume with some versions calling it "long suffering." I like to complaining sometimes and give up, or make sure someone hears my mind before apologizing (or accepting one). The development of patience comes from the Holy Spirit, because it is a fruit.

So yeah, my prayer is for God to teach me to be patient in the areas that I need patience in. To be slow to getting angry, offended, and choosing to forgive and believe the best in myself and others :) Teach me how to walk in the Spirit daily and not the works of my flesh. Amen.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig