11 October 2015

Day Seven to Twelve: Choices


I decided to make this a weekly thing for obvious reasons.

This week I really just reflected on my life and significant moments throughout my walk with Christ. It has been such a journey.

I was always given a choice, whether I knew at the moment or not. I was given a choice to study for my tests or cheat, to give my silver coins to the poor or to walk past them, to follow God or do me, and much lighter choices, like waking up on time for work. Each option no matter what has a consequence, good or bad, but there is always a choice.

God does not limit Himself nor us to such a place where we feel like we are in bondage to do something. He gives us choices and convictions to point us to His perfect will, but He never forces us, which is one thing I'm learning. God has chosen so many people throughout the bible to do His will because He knew they had the capacity to do it, and they also chose to accept His plans for them.

Everyday I make a conscious effort and choose to follow Jesus. I chose to give my life to Him about four years ago, and each day I gotta remind myself of that decision I made and choose to live by that decision. That is how my relationship will grow. Same way with my friendships, I've chosen them , and I've chosen the ones I wasn't to maintain. And because I am your friend, I choose to be apart of your life and have you apart of mine. Same way with my family, I did not technically get to choose which family I will be born into, but everyday I choose to accept, acknowledge, and love them for who they are.

I can choose everyday to be happy or sad, because my emotions do not run me, contrary to that movie  Inside Out. I can choose to enjoy my life or constantly fear for my future. Theres just so many things to choose from!

I pray that my everyday choices align with Gods perfect will. Like I said before, there were points in my life where I just could not fade dropping things that I thought were already good in order to receive the perfect thing God has for me.

So yeah, never settle. Choose the greater good. Aspire to be the best you that you can be. Strive to live the life God has for you.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. -Ephesians 2:10
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig