28 September 2015

Day One: Fear


I talk about fear a lot. I think that fear is the biggest thing that Christians, and people in general, struggle with so often. There are so many things that tie in with fear; it can prevent one from going deeper with God, or keep  another from walking in the complete and perfect will that God has for them, or even keep them from following their dreams that they ever so desire to make a reality. There are so many things that we can fear. There's the fear of rejection, fear of not being good enough, fear of failing, fear of not being in the place where God wants you to be (how ironic), fear of not graduating, fear of living a mediocre life, and so on.

I of course identify with many of those fearful things. They honestly are "fearful" things that nobody wants to see themselves in. Who wants to fail or give up on a work they have already started, when they can easily save them the trouble by not starting it in the first place!

Fear plays a huge part in the reason why when God gives us an assignment and tells us to "go," we say "no" and either come up with excuses or turn a deaf ear like we all of a sudden don't hear God for ourselves. I can be the first (or last) to admit that fear has crippled my life in such a terrible way. Fear creates insecurities, crushes dreams, and it could leave you stagnant.

Examples of my fears include not being good enough for people, and anything that includes me not being able to provide for my family and myself. I've avoided doing ministry related work since I've been saved, not because I don't think that God hasn't called me to it, but because I just feel like I will be a sucky leader. Up until yesterday, I was very content with living a mediocre life, so that was not one of my fears lol. If God were to tell me to drop something that I was doing and give me a few instructions on an assignment He really wants me to do, but tells me that I have a choice to just stay where I'm at because of His awesome and wonderful grace, I of course without a doubt will take that opportunity to stay exactly where I am at as long as God still blesses me, with no intentions of ever having to get our of my comfort zone. 

Psalms 56:3-4
 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?

Psalms 56: 11 
 In God I put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

Psalms 118: 6 
 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

Hebrews 13: 6
 So we boldly say: The Lord is my helper, I will not fear. What can man do to me?

I'm not a bible scholar or nothing, but the fact that this phrase is written in four different passages must mean something and prove that it needs emphasis in case you missed it the first time it popped up. What can man to do you? Clearly, nothing. I trust the Lord, because He is on our side, and because He is on our side, we have no reason to fear, therefore we won't fear; and because we do not fear, because the Lord is with us, man can do nothing do nothing to us. Man can't get in between God and I. It's simple!

God is a God of excellence so He gives us options, but there is a perfect will that He has for all of us that He has had since before time even existed. That is a lot right there, but it's still very true.

So my prayer is that God will remove every ounce of fear that has ever and will ever prevent us from getting closer to you (God) and the destiny you have for us. That we will step out of fear and right into faith, joy, and confidence that is inside of you. We no longer identify with the fear that has stuck with us for however long, but we are now completely courageous in Christ, because that is one of the many reasons why your son Jesus died for us. Even if I fail, lose everything, or nothing turns out the way I want it to, God you are still on my side, therefore I have no reason to fear. Amennnn.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig