08 July 2015

Living Within Your Means

Some people are born into rich families. Some people are not. Some people live with both of their parents all their lives. Some people don't even know who one of their parents are. Some people are fortunate to just always be taken care of. Some people have to constantly worry about where their next meal is coming from or how long they have until they get kicked out of their home.

Growing up really is not all that. You get married, have some kids, realize you can't really afford to take care of them, get into a few arguments, and then a few years later theres a divorce.

I look at some of my friends and just envy at how they have both parents living in the same home as them. Happily married, with two incomes. Hearing these type of people groan about life is so...I don't know. I just listen. Everybody has different problems I guess. Just because you have two parents doesn't mean you have money.

Nobody writes in their journal about how they wanna grow up and be homeless, or a single parent, or live paycheck to paycheck. They dream for the best, pray for the impossible, and sometimes get the exact opposite. Yet, they are still able to wake up every morning so grateful to God that they are alive.

Sometimes life feels like a big black tunnel. You're moving fast in it but you're still anticipating the exit. Everyday you're just thinking about how you're one day closer to getting out. Eventually.

I have a job, and I literally make nothing. Nobody will be able to survive with a paycheck like mine. Then theres people with legit jobs who still can't manage to live life comfortably.

My experiences now at this age have made me realize a few things. One, I am not getting married until I know in my heart that I should get married. Not because I see people with cute rings and nice Wedding websites. Two, I will not have kids until I know my husband and I can afford them. God ultimately has control over my life, but He knows my desires. Three, I have to always make sure that I am living within my means. Even now that I don't even make enough to get taxes taken out of my check and have no bills to pay, I have things I want to save up for. When I grow up, I want to never have to worry about how I will take care of my family or myself. I don't want to even have to depend on credit cards and loans or have them control me. Easier said than done right? I've seen enough to make sure I live up to this.

Though Matthew 6:25 and so on is definitely being played out in my life right now, this is just not how I expected life to be. Though God is constantly taking care of my family and me when I have nothing, I still feel the need to worry about when next God will come in and save the day. It would be nice to be blessed beyond measure, but maybe it's a different type of blessing. Things could be worse.

Money ain't everything, but it helps a whole lot to have some, and to be diligent with it. That is what I mean by living within your means. When God blesses you with something, take good care of it. Sow it so you can reap even more.

I just thank God for the experiences I go through. They build character. Life is forever a learning experience. One day my life will be a true testimony that I will be proud to tell.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sizekolie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig